WORK WITH US
– Company: Sportsworld
– Role: Finance Manager
– Location: Richmond upon Thames
– Employment contract: Full Time – part time hours considered
– Salary: £45,000-£50,000 + benefits (depending on experience)
– Office hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (Weekend work and longer hours required during event periods)
– Closing date: 21.08.19 with interviews commencing 29.08.19
– Start date: Week commencing 26th September 2019
Sportsworld has an exciting opportunity for a pivotal position within the senior management team.
With over 30 years’ experience of working at prestigious events Sportsworld has earned an international reputation as one of the UK’s leading events and travel management and corporate hospitality providers.
You will be working amongst a small, dynamic team working in a fast paced sports travel and events industry. The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial health of the company. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
Finance Manager Job Duties:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Implement a new accounting software system into Sportsworld and staying up to date with technological advances and accounting software
- Streamline, establish and maintain financial and commercial policies, procedures within the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Undertake regular training courses to stay up to day with industry trends
- Providing an analytical and commercial approach in preparation of business cases
Finance Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in a finance role
- Experience within travel industry; ideally sports travel – understanding of ATOL & ABTA reporting
- Superior mathematical skills
- Leadership skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail
- Organisational skills and time management
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Integrity & honesty
- Interest for sport
- Happy to travel if required
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
– Proven track record of organisational ability
– Keen attention to detail
– A confident, outgoing, energetic nature with a positive attitude to all opportunities
– Ability and willingness to extend skills where needed
– Personal drive and ambition to deliver and exceed target
– A team player
– Must be prepared to travel where needed, domestically and internationally
What to do next?
Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject ‘Finance Manager Application’ attaching a CV and cover letter.
Call us now on: +44 (0)203 314 8255.
Sportsworld Holdings International, company number 11689010, is the parent and 100% owner of Sportsworld Group Limited, Company Number 01663571, ATOL 2336 and ABTA, and Sportsworld Events LTD, Company number 11810318.
Registered Office: Rosedale Studios, Rosedale Road, Richmond, London TW9 2SX - VAT 01663571.
Some images © Getty Images
Flights-inclusive packages sold on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL and ABTA protection does not apply to all packages, more specifically to none travel related products and UK hospitality. Sportsworld will provide you with information on the protection that applies to the service and products you book. All ATOL protected bookings will receive an ATOL Certificate prior to travel, which only covers the named persons on the certificate. Please see our booking conditions for more information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certficate got to: www.caa.co.uk